At Vacation Internationale, Inc. (“VI”) and Vacation Ownership Sales, Inc. (“VOS”) (VI and VOS referred to collectively herein as the “Company”), we recognize the sensitive nature of your nonpublic personal information (“NPI”) and are committed to protecting your privacy. We have prepared this privacy statement to explain what kind of NPI we collect, how we use it, who has access to it, and how you may opt out of having it disclosed to others.
What kind of NPI we collect
We collect the following types of NPI:
- NPI we receive from you on our purchase documents or other Company forms, including your social security number, employment, income, monthly expenses, assets, and your transactions and experiences with us;
- NPI we receive from our affiliates and others, such as specialized marketing firms, including your name, e-mail and mailing address, telephone number, and demographic and household information; and
- NPI we receive from consumer reporting agencies, including information about your credit worthiness and repayment history.
How we use your NPI
Most of the NPI that we collect assists us in delivering the services you request. It may also help us design and offer specific products and services that we believe will be beneficial to you.
Who has access to your NPI
Within the Company, employees are only permitted access to the information they need to perform their jobs. Additionally, we may share your NPI with our affiliates as well as with the following nonaffiliated third parties, but only as permitted by law.
- Outside Service Providers – In accordance with standard industry practice, we may disclose NPI to nonaffiliated third parties providing services necessary to serve you. For example, we work with specialized firms that purchase our loans and generate account statements for our borrowers. These companies are required to safeguard your information and use it only for authorized purposes.
- Joint Marketing Partners – From time to time, we may disclose NPI to non-affiliated third parties that have entered a joint marketing agreement with us in order to provide you with specialized products and services. These marketing partners are contractually required to safeguard the confidentiality of your NPI.
- Consumer Reporting Agencies – In accordance with standard industry practice, we routinely provide NPI to consumer reporting agencies in the course of determining your financial status. However, these agencies, as well as any company furnishing information to them, are regulated by the Fair Credit and Reporting Act, which ensures the privacy of information in consumer reports, among other things.
- Legal and Governmental Authority – We may disclose NPI for purposes of protecting confidentiality, preventing fraud, responding to judicial process or appropriate regulatory authorities, or complying with federal, state, or local laws. In these circumstances, only the specific information required by law, subpoena, or court order will be disclosed.
How to opt out of having your NPI disclosed
You may always opt out of having your NPI disclosed; however, any request to opt out of disclosure will generally only prevent disclosure to certain non-affiliated third parties. In the event you are no longer a customer, we will continue to maintain your privacy preference and abide by any opt-out request. If you wish to opt out of disclosure, please call (800) 444-6633.
YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO OPT OUT OF DISCLOSURE BEFORE THE COMPANY MAY DISCLOSE YOUR NPI TO ITS AFFILIATES AND CERTAIN NON-AFFILIATED THIRD PARTIES AS PERMITTED BY LAW.
Contact us about privacy
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments about our privacy practices, or the way in which your NPI is maintained and used, please write to: Vacation Internationale, Inc., Attn: Owner Services, 1417 - 116th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA 98004.